Thursday, November 13, 2008

I Love My Kids!!!

It seems like just the other day when Tori came into our lives and then just a few days later came Jakeb and then maybe a week or two later came Anna. In only one week, Tommy & I will celebrate our 20th anniversary and it's been almost 18 years since we started this parenting thing. Can we really be that old??? I don't think so. I'm not real sure how this happened. We must have time warped or something.....

Our kids are growing up - quite nicely I might add. I don't think I could be any more proud of them. (Is that correct grammar?)

Anna, being in 4th grade now, went back to her Kindergarten teacher's class last week and read to those precious little5 yr. olds. Could Anna really have been that little just a few years ago? It was so sweet to see her sitting in that big rocking chair reading to them.


Jakeb started his first job last Tuesday at DJ's BBQ. He turned in his application and was hired on the spot. Since we homeschool, he gets to work during the day then he does his school in the afternoon. He got his first paycheck yesterday. Pretty impressive! We are planning his 16th birthday party (it's not till March but we have to start planning now because of what he wants to do). 16 years... man, time flies!

Tori starts at Kohl's tonight for her first "real" job. She goes for orientation and then will start working for real next week. I'm thinking she's going to like her first paycheck too. She and Jakeb are both saving for the next mission trip back to Kenya so the bulk of their paychecks are going in the bank for that. Tori graduates just a few short months from now and is gearing up for a full schedule at our junior college this Spring. She was accepted at UNT and will start there in the fall of '09 as a sophomore.

Major change is in the air for the Stunz family. It's just the way it was designed to be but there will be lots of tender, tearful moments ahead for mom, I'm afraid. I love my kids!!

1 comment:

crockerdile said...

For the record, I love your kids,too. Do you realize how long we've known ya'll. Dude we are getting old!