Monday, November 10, 2008

Consider Christmas Part 4 - What the Kids Had to Say

If you're just joining in on this string of posts, start here and read up.



I asked the kids to describe what they thought about Christmas last year in a sentence or two. Here's what they said:


Anna (9) I did not like at first but I liked it after.

Jakeb (15) I liked it because I felt good afterwards that we had done that but it was still hard to find something good to give. The joy of receiving wasn't as great but the joy of giving was way better and I still got some good gifts.

Tori (17) It was worthwhile overall. It was not something you decide you're gonna do the week before. It takes too much time to plan the gifts and make them meaningful, especially for someone like me who waits to the last minute.

Here is Anna's recipe for Ice Cream Sandwiches. Life happened and we haven't made them yet but we're going to this week! Man time flies!!! She found the recipe on Food Network and wrote it out for me to make it more personal and like I said before, put all of the ingredients together in a gift bag with the recipe - minus the ice cream which was in the freezer. We ate the ice cream a long time ago.




This is probably the last post on this unless something else profound comes to mind. As if this has all been profound in the first place...

Have a meaningful and merry Christmas!

No comments: