Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The History of Holidays



Anna and I are busy planning a Pilgrim's feast for her history project that compares the similarities and differences in how the Pilgrim's celebrated their first harvest feast and how we celebrate today. We'll have Captain Myles Standish, Elder Brewster, Samoset, Squanto, Chief Massosoit, Governor William Bradford and several others in attendance. It's been a very interesting project and should be alot of fun for our family.


I came across this on the The History Channel. I'm posting it, mostly so I can keep track of it but I thought I'd share it with you as well.

Go check it out for some interesting and fun historical facts that you and your kids can read, watch and listen to about your favorite holiday.

1 comment:

Jenny Hintze said...

I wanna go to your feast. Can't you plan it around me, Anna? ;-)