Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A day in the life of....

... a family moving to Singapore. And a yucky day it has been. Mostly cause we still own this house. We're told it will be soon but we've been told that since, oh, about April 30th.

The movers come next Tuesday to pack us up. We'll be at a family wedding (YEA Brett & Jon!) so we'll lose a few days of sorting and organizing before then. We've been told that when the movers come, they are a flurry of activity and we'd better be watching closely or one of our kids will end up in a box.

Unfortunately, I've experienced, rather we all experienced, my first major meltdown today. I'm pretty sure it won't be the last. I wish I was better at blowing stuff off. I want to. I really, really want to. But truth be told, because I'm me, I would fill up every day possible with doing things to "get ready" and it would still never be done so not being here for a few of those days for the wedding will help me out I think. Come Tuesday it is what it is. Thanks to Jenny, my bedding will get packed dirty. She talked me into it. I'm not washing it for it to sit on a boat for 6 weeks and then have to wash it again once we're there. If anyone else wants to talk me into something that will save me some time and grief, I'm open.

We are throwing tons of stuff away. Some of it is probably not trash but I don't care to mess with it. Trash day is Friday if anyone wants to come diggin'. :)

All in all, we are simplifying and that part of it feels good. We're really trying to get rid of that pack rat mentality. We're not, ok, I'm not a pro at it but I'm better. It ain't goin' with us. Anywhere.

So, our kitchen floor is the designated area for the stuff that's going in our 500lb air shipment.

Our office is where all of the storage items are being put.

Alot that is going into the sea container shipment is all over Anna's floor. She can get to her bed but that's about it. I promised her I wouldn't put stuff on her bed.

We have two closets that are designated for DO NOT TOUCH signs for the movers. They'd better not even think about going in there.

We have suitcases EVERYWHERE and are having to pack those so we can get all of that stuff out of the way before Tuesday. To where, we're not sure. We planned on going to my mom & dad's but we may find a suite instead. We're gonna have lots of junk and that would give us some space to spread out. We'll see...

For now, we can still sit on our couches and a corner of a table is open to finish up our last little bit of school work on.

We have color coded post-its ALL over our house. Red - storage, green - airplane, blue - sea container, yellow - 500lb air shipment.

It's a mess around here and I'm tired. I have nothing more interesting to write about right now. Sorry. This is our life. Exhausting, not enteratining. Perhaps something laughable and/or interesting will happen soon. I'll let you know if that happens.

No comments: