Monday, April 27, 2009

How Much Is It????


One of the things on our list of things to do before we move is to get rid of all of our coinage. We aren't going to put it in storage and it won't do us any good in Singapore so we might as well cash it in and go out to eat or something.

I took a change jar that I had in the kitchen and added my coin "collection" from my car to it and cashed it in the other day. It was a sandwich size ziploc full and ended up being almost $64! It did have alot of quarters in it, though. Tommy and I have bucket of coins that we've been collecting for almost our whole marriage. It's mostly only pennies and we don't put change in there every day so it's probably not much but we thought we'd have some family fun. We all put in our guess as to how much money we think it is and whoever gets the closest will win $10 of it and then we'll go out to dinner.

After taking out the Chinese and Canadian coins, a bullet of some sort, dry cleaners tags, pocket lint, strands of hair, 2 guitar picks, pecan hulls, a Mr. Gatti's game token!?!, and mood ring, yes a mood ring, and various other interesting pieces of junk, I'm going to take it in to the credit union over the next few days, a little at a time so I don't break their machine.

It's interesting how the guesses turned out. All of us but Tommy have changed our guesses a few times before this post. Tommy even had some people at work guessing. Tori spread all the coins out and they ended up in the shape of a rabbit. She googled the year of the rabbit and 1963 and 1951 came up, thus 63.51. She says rather competitively, "That, my friend, is Chinese, and it will win."

No one knew what anyone else guessed, until now.

Tommy - $153.27

Andrea - $74.85

Tori – $63.51

Jakeb – $61.37

Anna - $55.28

I'll post the results.

1 comment:

Anna Stunz said...

Tori is so wrong she made it a rabbit and Jakeb`s guess is to high no one is going to win on my watch because I am so going to win and no one is going to stop me