Sunday, April 26, 2009

Bottle Tree Park - Singapore

Dedee and Jenny, I thought of you when I watched this. All of this food, except the mushrooms, looks yummy to me but I promise we'll find some normal food for you when you come! There's always McDonald's and Starbucks. We also hear there's a BBQ place with red and white checked tablecloths and everything!

This is a place that I found from one of the Singapore blogs I read. The park is called Bottle Tree Park and I'm pretty sure we'll end up visiting there. I wonder if we'll ever be able to understand what they are saying in this video? Chopsticks and strange food, here we come!!


3 comments:

Jenny Hintze said...

Was that a fried banana? And what was stewing in that pumpkin. Looks like a scary, crazy place. You better not go...just to be on the safe side.

Leonny @ Our Everyday Things said...

Hi Andrea! :)

Don't worry, I haven't tried that food yet too :) They do get pretty creative when it comes to food here, so it does get pretty interesting.

Anyway, just want to tell you that I was interviewed by the local newspaper - MyPaper - for a Mother's Day feature next week. And when they asked me if I know of a blog by a Mom whose kids are in their teens, I thought of you :)

And so I've shared your blog URL with the journalist (they are compiling a list of blogs that singaporeans can visit to read more on motherhood etc). I'm not sure if they'll include yours in the end but I hope you don't mind me sharing your blog link with them ...

Leonny
http://www.oureverydaythings.com

Andrea said...

Hi, Leonny,

I am actually looking forward to trying some of that food, especially that banana thing!

I'm honored that you thought of me and I don't mind you sharing my blog URL at all. It's probably not what they are looking for since I post a lot more randomly than just about my kids but they are more than welcome to take a look.

How exciting that you will be interviewed! It's a good thing to be able to share realistic and constructive parenting techniques and bring hope to other parents who might be struggling or just need a breath of fresh air. Your blog certainly does that. Way to go! You'll have to share the article with me when it come out.