Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Email

Email is such an incredible form of communication. I can sit in my office and communicate with anyone who happens to have an email address about anything I feel like typing.

Email is such a horrible form of communication. Sometimes I try to write something funny in an email and it's seen as sarcastic and/or arrogant. There is no non-verbal communication happening in email like body language or tone of voice. Any of those things can be read into email and completely change the intended meaning.

I love/hate email ... I can't decide.

3 comments:

Ronnie Whitehead said...

Gee, Tommy, I had no idea you felt that way. I'm sorry if I offended you. I'll try and respond to your email first thing tomorrow.

Tommy said...

I am neither offended nor a Calvanist.
Okay ... now I'm offended!

praynlady said...

Tommy, (she says, smiling), I thought that your comment on the "love/hate" email thing, (grimacing due to lack of proper grammer, smiling now), was really eye opening (eyes showing appreciation). I agree with both (shaking head gently in agreement), I believe you should always read email with a sense of humor as well as a small amount of common sense and not get your dander up at a comment without having anything to base it on (brows squinced together to show intent thinking), Ok. That was hard... the thinking part. I love reading your blogs.