Sunday, September 26, 2004

Baptism

Baptisms, communion, funerals and weddings always cause emotion to stir in me. The symbols and pictures played out by the participants are incredible. In baptism the picture of new life, in communion the weight of what Jesus accomplished for others and me and what he will one day do as he returns, for weddings and the picture of love of Jesus has for his church, and funerals for the hope … hope that the life we live today will one day stretch into eternity.

Today at Brazos Pointe we had a baptism. Four people were baptized and I got to help Greg as we baptized a husband and wife together. I never get tired of baptisms. The idea of people dying to themselves and raising from the water to live a new life in Jesus touches me every time. Especially when I get to watch it so close … even be involved.


No comments: