Saturday, July 31, 2004

Friends

Yesterday I sat with friends I haven't seen in a long time. I had lunch with a close friend. Then later that night Andrea and I sat with another couple who are close friends over dinner at an Indian restaurant. These are good friends who in the past have known me well and have always challenged me about what it means to be part of the kingdom of heaven. They have been an encouragement to me as well. In both cases we picked up where we left off as if we'd never been apart.

There are not words to explain the benefits and joys of close friendships. I think it was C.S. Lewis who said something like "There is nothing better than good Christian friends and a fire". I know I probably butchered that quote but it's right. There is nothing like the company of good friends.

No comments: