Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Potential

Andrea and I went to a church called Ecclesia this weekend in Houston with friends.  The Pastor Chris Seay was preaching Numbers chapter 13 and 14.  In it, is the telling of how the Israelites came to the promised land and sent 12 spies to check the place out.  Of the 12 only Joshua and Caleb were interested in going in and taking the land with God's help.  All of the others were scared and pretty belligerent about the fact that they could never overcome the giants that lived in this incredible place.

Out of that message I had to ask myself - how often have I missed out on the potential of what God has for me because I didn't believe.  Because I didn't have the faith that God could overcome what seemingly stands in my way.  How many times have I blown people off because I don't see the potential God's placed in them and the potential they have if they would just step Godward.

God keep my eyes on you to where the giants don't seem so BIG ...but very small ...






No comments: