Friday, March 20, 2009

Space Center Houston

We had a super fun time at Space Center yesterday. Anna, Jenny, Jackson and I spent the day wandering, watching, playing, touching everything germy, shopping, eating and visiting. I remember going there several years ago when Anna was little. And I watched parents with all of these little kids trying to keep track of them and keep them happy. They could have spent much less money and gone to Chicfila or McDonald's for the play area and the kid wouldn't have known the difference. I treasure those years but I don't miss that craziness. Parents with little kids in Space Center can get rather cranky.

Here are a few snapshots of the day. Jenny has some good ones on her blog. I've included a couple of video clips too of the dive show. Not sure what the diving has to do with Space Center but it was enjoyable. I took my new little camera and I guess I didn't realize that you couldn't video sideways. Death defying dives and gravity defying as well as it would appear.

Anna in the flight simulator. She and Jackson had fun crashing their planes on purpose. Hope they never become real pilots.

Jackson took this one of Anna. Not bad!


"hmmm... no matter that I'm responsible for the people who are in orbit. i wonder what i should have for lunch?"

Watching the dive show.

I think the sideways video's are funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your Spring Break with us. I find your sideways video unique. It definitely give a different perspective. We hope to see you again soon.

Richard
President & CEO
Space Center Houston

Follow us:
Twitter / SpaceCenterHou
Facebook
www.spacecenter.org