Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Bayou City Classic 2009

Tommy, Tori, my sister, Gwen, and I walked/ran this fun, early, freezing cold and windy 10K this past Saturday. Jakeb was signed up for it but ended up with a better offer to go camping with a friend. It's the fourth time to do this race for me and probably the last for a few years. It's my favorite race and I finished it with a sense of pride and sadness. My right foot is injured so I hurt but weighing the pros and cons, I knew I couldn't bail. I also got to walk with Gwen on her first BCC and with Tori, my daughter, which is always a fulfilling experience.


Enjoy the pics! And maybe one of you might consider doing this race next year so I can live vicariously through you. :)

Tommy was sharing his tunes with Tori. Some banjo folk song with Chinese words. Yep, he's weird!









Yes, belly dancers! They are there every year. That alone should make you want to sign up.

I'm sure Tommy hates that I'm putting this one up but oh well. He should have posted first and I took the pictures so.... Isn't there a song about men in tights?


I think every Honda owner should put mirrors all over their car.

3 comments:

Jenny Hintze said...

He should be more concerned with the Richard Simmons style clapping that he's doing.

Andrea, love the hair. You should wear one of those things all the time.

crockerdile said...

that Honda owner lives up here somewhere...i see them on the way to work all the time. I got Danny to wear tights once for my brothers wedding at the renfest.... notice i'm not posting any pictures

Andrea said...

Ha! I didn't "get" Tommy to wear tights. He did that all on his own. :)