Friday, September 15, 2006

Change is good

My life is changing a bit. Here is what I wrote to Brazos Pointe Fellowship:

I love Brazos Pointe Fellowship. I remember the first Sunday the Stunz family attended. It was the second Sunday of Brazos Pointe Fellowship's official existence and everyone in our family loved it. We had just moved back to Brazosport from Spring, Texas and Andrea and I felt like we should visit other churches to make sure we knew where God wanted us. The kids wouldn't hear of it. They felt like they had already heard from God and he was saying we needed to be at Brazos Pointe Fellowship.

I never dreamed that God would take us from the point of being members and volunteers at Brazos Pointe Fellowship to being on staff and working here. But that is exactly what God chose to do.

I used to think that God was logical and rational but through the path of my life I've found that sometimes God can't completely be explained. God is at times mysterious and cannot be figured out. Just like God made a major turn in my life in the summer of 2003, Andrea and I feel he is making a change of direction in our life yet again.

The change I am talking about is not going to lead us away from Brazos Pointe Fellowship. This is our church and this is where we desire to be. At the beginning of October though, I am going back to work in a secular job similar to many of you. As I just said, God is mysterious and I do not completely understand why He is leading me in this direction but I am convinced that it is definitely His direction.

I will continue to share preaching responsibilities with Greg. I will teach Discovering Your Design with Mary Margaret. I will continue to lead a small group and I will still run sound (because I dig music). The only difference is that I will not be on Brazos Pointe Fellowship's Leadership Team and will no longer be paid by the church. I will be a passionate volunteer. I believe in what goes on here. I believe in the vision of Brazos Pointe Fellowship and will remain a part of it. For many of you things won't look that different.

Come this weekend and hear the rest of the story as Greg and I preach together “Under the Influence – Part 2”

- Tommy



In my blog resurrection post I said that I would not write as "Tommy, the guy who gets paid to work at church." Now that will be true because at the end of the month I will no longer get paid to work at the church.

I feel good about where I am headed.

2 comments:

Lizanne said...

Bravo!!! I love the mystery of God-even when I don't quite get it.Wish we could be there this weekend-let us know how it goes.

Jenny Hintze said...

Hey, glad you're back.