Sunday, August 07, 2005

Leadership Summit 2005

This week I will attend my second leadership conference this year. The leadership team and some ministry leaders from Brazos Pointe Fellowship are attending Willow Creek’s Leadership Summit. The summit is beamed live via satellite all over the country and we’ll see it at First Pres. in Houston.

I went to the 2004 Leadership Summit by myself and it was a growing experience for me. I was very impressed by Steve Sample, president of USC and after seeing his interview with Bill Hybels I bought his book The Contrarian's Guide To Leadership and highly recommend it. Others at the conference influenced me as well. Different speakers addressed different aspects of leadership and what it means to be a Christ follower each touched a different part of who I am and challenged me.

Earlier this year I attended Origins, a leadership experience hosted and lead by Mosaic in LA. That conference changed me in some very personal ways. So personal in some cases that I would not even begin to write about them now - someday maybe, but not now. Erwin and Alex McManus challenged those present to be mystic warriors to live a life that is not safe but one where I risk everything to follow a primal call from the Creator of the universe. It was an experience that cannot be adequately explained. It truly was an “experience”.

Two different “conferences” with two very different men leading - both used by God to change me and make me more of what He created me to be.

I am looking forward to Thursday, Friday and Saturday of this week. If I have a chance I will post some of what I learn there. We are taking 13 other leaders from BPF and two pastors from church plants we support as well. Pray for us when you think about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.