Monday, August 15, 2005

Leadership Summit 2005 Follow-up

I will sit down this week and decompress from the Leadership Summit. I know there are some things I need to implement but I really need to sit down, gather and work through my thoughts to where there is no more than a couple of things I will do.

Some thoughts at random:
My holy discontent is wasted potential. (See Ronnie’s here ---> link)

As a follower of Christ I am not always sure of where I am going, but I must be sure I am following Jesus. – Paraphrase of a Bonhoeffer quote

I need to work to add value to people.

Dr. Jack Groppel speaks my language.
It’s not about time management; it’s about energy management. The largest energy gains happen in the area of the physical and the spiritual. Rest and recovery is huge.

In my hands any spiritual act will be at best mediocre, in God’s hands anything I do He takes beyond my wildest expectations.

Keep the vision clear. Get the people engaged. Make the gathering memorable. Pace for the long haul.

I want to run an ultra someday.

1 comment:

Tommy said...

Hey "not the PHB" I did take the assessment and I wasn't surprised either. I think most people know where they are but they just don't know how to get where they want to be.