Thursday, August 18, 2005

Eternal weight

I’ve been thinking about death lately. Not in a morbid way. I’m not thinking about the moment of death. I don’t plan to die anytime soon, but I wonder if I’m ready for it. I wonder if I’m ready for what is on the other side.

I look forward to stepping out of time and existing in eternity. I look forward to living without my sin nature. I look forward to living in the presence of the One who made me. But am I ready for what is there? Am I living in such a way to get me ready for what happens in forever? And can I?

Where can a dead man go?
A question with an answer only dead men know
But I’m gonna bet they never really feel at home
If they spent their lifetime learning how to live in Rome

- Nickel Creek

We do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. For momentary light affliction is producing in us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison.

- Paul the Apostle

4 comments:

Tommy said...

Wow Nic. Insightful as usual.

I'm still waiting for that 1st blog post. You can keep commenting here but you need to start writing your own stuff so we can gain some of that Nicolae wisdom - or throw rocks at your view points whichever we choose.

Anonymous said...

The Pauline quote is excellent.

Thanks for the thoughts . . .
Glenn

Maury said...

Tommy

You probably have, but check out the words to Doubting Thomas on the new Nickel Creek CD.

Potent stuff.

They're posted over at my blog (click my name for the link), under the title "Something To Chew On For A Bit."

See you at church

Tommy said...

Maury,

I like the honesty of Doubting Thomas. In fact the more I listen the more I like the whole CD.

I'm adding your blog to my RSS feed and my blog roll, thanks for pointing me that direction and keep writing.

Later,
Tommy