Thursday, January 13, 2005

It takes a village

And another thing …

Running a marathon is a family thing. I could not have trained for a marathon without the support of Andrea, Tori, Jakeb and Anna. “Hey, let’s get in bed; I’ve got a 12 miler in the morning.” So thanks y’all.

I also have had a huge amount of encouragement from those who run and know how much work it takes to get to the starting line. So thanks Edwin, Wes, Jenny, Brent, Jim, Mary Margaret, Nathan, and others (I’m sure I forgot to mention 12 people here) who have asked how the training is going, and have encouraged me to run on.

No matter what happens Sunday I appreciate the help!

3 comments:

Tommy said...

I can always count on motivation through trash talkin from you Nic ...

Bring it on.

Lizanne said...

I am so in awe that you are so disciplined. What an amazing thing to train so long and diligently and then to run 26 miles-inconceivable! Thank you for setting the bar high and encouraging us with your example. Not that you make me want to run a marathon, but I do desire to have just a smidge of your discipline. I am totally with Andrea on the shopping marathon!!! Cast off all that hinders you and run like the wind!
Blessings on Sunday!

praynlady said...

Tommy, you will do terrific. I prayed for you today and the reply I got was that you need to have a scripture in your head and a song in your heart. Cross the line when you get to it but enjoy the experience along the way. Your verse will guide you and your song will ease your steps to the finish. God speed!