Thursday, February 26, 2009

So much fun.... so little time.....

There's so much to do these days with birthdays, a big move across the ocean, selling a house, etc. My list is growing longer and longer every day. Very few things are getting checked off at this point. Almost seems impossible and it is definitely overwhelming.

BUT..... this weekend is going to be fun, fun, fun! Tomorrow is Anna's first double-digit birthday! She'll be 10!! It's hard to believe. We will also be celebrating Jakeb's 16th this weekend even though his birthday is not until March. We got a beach house for the weekend and are really looking forward to spending quality and quantity time with family and friends - not to mention eating a ton of good food. And it looks like the weather is going to be incredible!!

Jakeb is having some friends out on Saturday to play and eat. We ordered his favorite ice cream cake from Cold Stone Creamery, cookie do delirium, and will make over an hour drive to pick it up and pay way more than is reasonable for a cake but it is sooo yummy!!! It's his birthday! On his real birthday, we'll take him to Zushi in Houston. He loves sushi and we're pretty happy about that cause we do too and that restaurant is awesome!

We always fix the kids whatever they want for breakfast and dinner on the day of their birthday. Since tomorrow is Anna's birthday, I asked her what she wanted and she told me she wanted El Toro (a local Mexican food restaurant). I told her we'd be at the beach house so we won't be eating out. She matter of factly said "Oh, I thought we were catering." I think I laughed out loud. I at least snickered out loud. "Well, we won't be catering", I told her, "so what's your next option?" We're having bacon sandwiches. The kid loves meat! She eats meat for dessert. I bought plenty of turkey bacon (she loves turkey bacon) and will probably buy white bread too! It's her birthday!!

I will post some cute pics of Anna tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anna Stunz said...

you will see me eating a bacon sandwich.