Monday, February 02, 2009

It's the end of the world as we know it.....

I know that's a song cause I can hear the tune ringing in my head but I haven't a clue who sings it or if it's even a decent song. Oh well.....

That phrase rings in my head because it really is the end of the world as we know it around here in the Stunz household. Here are a few reasons why:

1. Tori has graduated high school and her daily schedule is almost completely her own.
2. Tori turned 18 yesterday and has officially entered adulthood.
3. A FOR SALE sign is in our front yard and a lock box is on our front door knob.
4. Our house HAS to stay on the ready for realtors at all times (what a stinkin' pain!).
5. Plans for moving to Singapore this summer are in full force (so much to think through!!).
6. The "pull away because I don't want to hurt" process seems to have begun in our church relationships and in some of our friendships (on both sides of the fence). It's natural but it's still painful to experience.
7. Jakeb is about to turn 16!!! Watch out....
8. Anna is about to enter the double digit age.
9. Bella's dog house is not bright neon yellow anymore. I made the kids paint it because although it was fun, it wasn't very appealing to potential buyers in photos on the internet.
10. There are no more major remodeling projects to be done around here. Just a few minor items to take care of. I guess I'll have to read a book. Can't do anything else cause the house will get dirty.

I'm positive that's not a comprehensive list but it's off the cuff. The end is just an opportunity for a new beginning, right? I'm not wanting to wish it all over because we've got a really great life right here and right now. But when you know that something is ahead, it almost seems like it would be easier to just rip off the bandaid and get it over with.

3 comments:

Jenny Hintze said...

I certainly hope you don't think we're pulling away because we don't want to get hurt. We've had sick kids. I plan on getting all kinds of hurt.

Jakeb said...

I think the next words to that song is "and I feel fine" haha

Andrea said...

another one of my "glass half full" children. :)