Thursday, May 19, 2005

Comfort and potential

Today is the first day of the thirty-ninth year of my life.

The older I become the more comfortable I am with who I am. As I get older I care less about what people think of me. I care less about the things the world tells me I should see as important. I realize that it is okay to slow down. I see God more clearly when there are fewer distractions. And I generally feel good about who God has made me to be.

The older I become the less satisfied I am with who I am. There is so much potential inside of me. But that potential is no good if I never let it out … like a disconnected battery with voltage that is waiting to be turned into current. I’ve got to live it.

All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

Put a little soul in your living …

3 comments:

Tommy said...

Thanks Lisa.

Tommy said...

I appreciate it Nic. The good part is I will NEVER catch up to you.

praynlady said...

Happy birthday Tommy. Sorry that in all of the hustle and bustle of my life, I didn't get to call you. So I guess I should say Happy Belated Birthday. Love ya,