Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Oh, Christmas Tree

We went as a family and picked out a skinny Christmas tree tonight. It was an all time record short time. Jakeb grabbed a tree and said “How about this one?” And we all said, “looks good”. The Stunz family agreed on something, quickly, from the beginning (a first).

Then we got home and things changed. Tori and Jakeb got into an argument about the lights on the tree. Tori thought the tree should have all white lights, Jakeb thought the lights should be colorful. His position was that colorful lights are better for when you wake up in the morning and turn them on (Jakeb still has a sense of wonder and awe at Christmas). Tori thought all white lights would be “cool”. So we had a family vote. Jakeb rallied the troops and he, Anna and I formed an alliance and voted Tori off of the island…. Okay not really, she’s still on the island but the Christmas tree has colorful lights on it.


3 comments:

praynlady said...

I would like for you guys to come over here and argue about my lights. It could be the highlight of my evening. I actually have lights, but only by aggravation. haha Unfortunately, I, as yet, have no ornaments on the tree. I can't seem to find any volunteers. Up for the job?

Ronnie Whitehead said...

I never thought about Cory as a "tie breaker". That's interesting! Thanks Jim.

As for lights and decorations ... BAH HUMBUG! I know, it's not very 'awe inspiring'. I think this year, I'll put the lights up when no one else is at home, that way, there's no controversy. We do the white lights on the tree, because Teresa spends so much time in departmetn stores and watching HGTV. It's always pretty though. I'm just glad that when the lights are up, my job is DONE!!

praynlady said...

Tommy, I didn't have any arguments but your family did an awesome job on my tree and my house. They really brightened up my outlook on life today and I was blessed. You are a lucky guy!