Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Confessions of a Rebellious Bed-Maker


Yep, that's my bed. And it's made.

I'm pretty OCD about alot of things in my home but making my bed is NOT one of them. I've never been a fan of bed making and I'm pretty sure I never will and my kids probably won't be either. They're not now, anyway. :)

I am happy to pull the covers up and tidy it up but it does not need to be completely made. This is weird for me because I very much like for things to be in their place and in order. Maybe this is my area of rebellion that keeps me sane. Nah.....

If you come to my house on any normal day, you will probably find it fairly tidy and clean but my bed will almost always be unmade. And I don't make the kids make theirs either. I think it makes them love me more. It may even balances out some of my other nazi-style housekeeping issues.

We've all been making our beds since the beginning of February when we put our house on the market in preparation for our pending move to Singapore in June. It's just been a necessary evil in my opinion. It really messes up naptime too. Who wants to make their bed twice in one day???? Good grief!

So, as of today, we've made our beds for approximately 67 days in a row. I think that's enough for a while. The house is under contract and the inspector comes today. Hopefully, we'll be done with bed-making soon.

I guess I could be a good mom and say that since we're in the habit now we should just continue to make our beds because it looks good and we feel better about ourselves and have a better day when things are in order. You know, like when you dress up or take a shower. Instead, I say this almost daily along with the kids, "When will this be over???????".

The countdown is on for the "We Don't Have To Make Our Beds Today" day and I think I will plan a celebration.

2 comments:

Tori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tori said...

ok attempt #2

pointless BED making is over?!?

"Making youR bed is like tying your shoes after you take them off"